Sunday, March 27, 2011

things that made me happy this week . . .

what started out and some random coughing on a thursday night turned into a full fledged chest cold by friday afternoon. this is very abnormal for me. i can't remember the last time i had an actual chest cold. fever. chills. hot flashes. aching. coughing so hard it sends pain out into my extremities . . . i'm sparing no expense. anyway, i don't know about you, but for me one of the side effects of sickness is almost complete short term memory loss. as such, i really cannot remember most of this past week . . . so here is a list of the things that managed to not get lost in the congestion:

- spent most of the weekend in bed. as such, i'm pretty well rested.

- hot showers when you're congested.

- lipton noodle soup. pretty much the only thing i want to eat when i get a cold.

- finally saw how to train your dragon. adorable!

- clean sheets.

- the moment the tylenol kicks in and breaks your fever.

- the fact that i'm getting sick now instead of two weeks from now, which would have me being sick in paris, which is NOT on the itinerary. 

2 comments:

Jessica Havican said...

You and me both! I got a bad chest cold too this past week and it's been a looong time since I've had one. I think I took 3 hot showers a day! I am glad you are feeling better and I can't believe it's 2 more weeks until Paris. WOW!

Natalie said...

so sorry to hear you are sick - sending happy thoughts.