Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Funny story . . . .

last week my good friend esther (the cho to my hermione) sent me a nice little surprise in the mail. it looked like this . . .

this was amusing on many fronts. first, esther and i love getting caught up in the hysteria that surrounds books like twilight and harry potter . . . so it made me smile that she would send me a poster that half the 14-year-old girls in the country have up in their room.

second, mazur was really excited that i had received something in the mail and was anxious for me to open it (he gets excited over the prospect of opening anything).

third, mazur was even more excited when he found out it was a poster of a vampire (oh yes, he knows edward is the "bampire" from "twiwight").
fourth, mazur was even more excited when i told him that i was going to put the poster up in my room so that edward could protect me. i convinced him that edward would come out of the poster when someone was trying to hurt me. (he thought this was exceedingly interesting since edward was supposed to be in the tv) he was also trying to figure out if he could pretend to try and hurt me to make edward come out of the poster while he was there, but i told him edward was too smart for that, and would know he was only pretending . . . . kids are so fun to mess with . . .
anyway, the funny story . . . i did put the poster up on the back of my door.
last night i got in bed and turned off the lights and had my headphones in and my eyes closed. then i opened my eyes for a second and looked towards the door and thought someone was standing there. i thought it was my mom poking her head in to ask me a question, but i couldn't hear her because my headphones were in, so i took them out and asked "what?" . . . and then i realized i was talking to a poster . . . so i guess the joke is on me, not mazur . .
so thanks esther. i had a good laugh at myself last night. and the ladies at the office had a good laugh at me today when i told them the story. and now all of you can have a good laugh too.

1 comments:

sEcr8t8gEnt said...

hahahahaha...i love it=) edward will protect you. he told me 'cause you know...me and edward we's tight...we go wayyyyyyyy back...