Wednesday, April 1, 2009

10 things that made me happy this week . . .

1. sardines. the game, not the food.

2. a weekend with my friends at a cabin in shaver lake.

3. the smell of the sierra nevada's.

4. getting 72 points on a single word in scrabble. yeah . . . i won that game . . .

5. it's cadbury mini-egg season . . .

6. the flower district in la. for some reason i was dreading going this time, especially since i had to go by myself, but as soon as i got there and was surrounded by millions of flowers, i was happy to be there. it kind of makes me feel like i'm in "my fair lady," you know that bit in the beginning when all the flower ladies are walking through all the flowers, making little bouquets to sell . . . glorious!

7. my mom and i did the flowers for a wedding this past weekend. it makes me happy to be a part of peoples weddings and to make it possible for them to have flowers that would probably otherwise be beyond their financial means. plus, it gives me a chance to be creative.

*i'm working on a post with all the different floral things i've done for weddings in the past. i've finally located most of the pictures.

8. on you tube there is this video called "daft hands." seriously . . . who has this much time?! but it did amuse me and my friends . . . so i guess it has served it's purpose. also on you tube . . body flex . . . there are no words . . .

9. i discovered brandi carlile this week. (thanks kendall-icious)

10. regina's reaction to adam lambert's performance of "ring of fire."

2 comments:

THE TAYLORS said...

Thanks for doing my flowers (three years ago!!) They turned out great, and yes, you made something possible that would have been difficult otherwise, financially, time, etc. You guys are great at what you do! Miss ya!
Me

lgashton said...

1, 2, 3, 5, 8: Yes, my pet. YES!!!