i am so worn out and frazzled that i'm not entirely sure i can come up with 10 things . . . not because they didn't happen, but because my brain has absolutely maxed out and can't remember anything that's not imperative to school or relief society. but i'll give it a whack:
1. my vacation countdown is ticking away . . . it's getting closer and closer, and it couldn't be more welcome!
2. went out to ethiopian food over the weekend with friends. i know what you're thinking . . . isn't the whole problem with ethiopia that they don't have food? well, the do have it, and it's great. plus, you get to eat it with your hands. and it's served family style on one big platter, so everyone is basically digging into community piles of bean pastes and meat with their hands, which makes you feel like you're five years old . . . and i loved it.
3. saw the movie "coraline" with the same friends. very cute and creepy all at the same time. and there are moments that sent regina and i into hysterics.
4. having a friend like regina who laughs hysterically at the same morbid and offbeat things that i do. i'm not all alone in the world . . .
5. as of wednesday night i am officially done with classes for the semester. now i just have to write three papers and take a final . . . that's all . . . no pressure . . .
6. i registered for my classes for fall semester . . . latin 1b and african civilization. i'm really looking forward to them. i'm thinking of taking a third class . . . but after these last few weeks, i'm not so sure . . . may be a little bit too much while still working 35 hours per week.
7. met with a guy from the evaluations office and he's helping me petition several of my classes. so helpful!! he's 99.9% sure they're going to accept my field biology class from rick's, which is fantastic because i can't even begin to express how much i do not want to take any life science class again ever in my life.
8. my summer reading list is shaping up to be quite eclectic and informative. feel free to offer suggestions. i'm so excited to read for pleasure again! i haven't been able to do that for about a month now . . .
9. heidi is visiting with afton. she's so cute i wanna die.
10. adam lambert. i have never watched american idol before. it's too obnoxious. but last year i saw "wicked" in los angeles and adam lambert played fiyero, and he blew my mind he was so amazing. when i saw he was going to be on american idol this year i decided to watch as long as he was on. i can't even believe how perfect his voice is. it's insane. who has that much control? seriously. flawless. but i almost hope he doesn't win so he doesn't have to record whatever lame-sauce song they come up with for the winner. who writes that crap?