Wednesday, March 28, 2012

words of wisdom wednesday

"knowing you have something good to read before bed is among the most pleasurable sensations."
vladimir nabokov

i'm currently putting together my beach library.
every year i look forward to my spring break camping trip
because i know it will include hours of time daily
when i do nothing but read
to the soundtrack of waves crashing.
heaven.

a few years ago i went to a young single adult activity.
we went to a lake for the day.
i, naturally, took a book.
as i was reading a guy looked at me incredulously and said,
"really? you brought a book to the beach?"

obviously not my soul mate.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

hahahahhahahahahhaa! oh my gosh, your last line has been the highlight of my day. seriously. i love how well you know yourself. you are a gem, my friend.