Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 things that made me happy . . . last week . . .

this special edition of the weekly top ten is brought to you from the happiest place on earth . . .

1. first time ever on this ride and it was so much fun we went back for a second go-round. it's in 3d (obviously) and you get to shoot stuff . . . what's not to like?



2. just trying to grab my part of a fairytale . . .


3. it's a small world totally redeemed itself in all it's holiday garb. brilliant!



4. at the haunted mansion we saw this ghost shaped bush with weird drapey stuff protruding out at an awkward level. we were all amused and it was decided on the spot that mr. spooky here would be put in the top ten.


5. my favorite villain from my favorite disney movie. 10 points if you know her name without looking it up. (the points don't really count for anything, but you can be smug about having them just the same.)


6. catching billy hill and the hillbillies. so funny.



7. um, the teacups are amazing. the people depicted here are the sissy-la-la's who opted to ride in the slow cup. not depicted are the three non-la-la's who went in the fast cup and laughed super hard and maybe, just maybe, staggered away from the ride like a couple of drunk people.


8. main street during christmas time. so gorgeous. i could honestly sit there for an hour just soaking up the ambiance.

9. there are few things on this earth that will get me more giddy than fireworks. i don't know why. i don't need a reason. i just love them. and disneyland does two firework shows on new years eve. it's like they see into my soul!


10. seeing sleeping beauty's castle all decked out for christmas is like being transplanted into a disney movie. glorious! i just wanted to stare at it all night. and maybe break in and claim a room. do you think anyone would notice?

5 comments:

Beck Bee said...

First, your face in #1 is oh so stunning. Second, I want Drew! Third, her name is Maleficent (spelling? not so sure about that). Fourth, and lastly, I LOVE fireworks too and I'm thinking I should spend New Year's at Disneyland next year...

debbie said...

Thank you Ashlee for sharing your experiences. Love the pictures.

Creative play ideas said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Jessica Havican said...

Disneyland around New Year's eve looks like sooo much fun! I'll have to make it a goal to do that at least once in my life. Thanks for sharing!! P.S. Super fast on the teacups is the only way to go! :-)

Louis said...

Malifiscent!!! I knew it and didn't look it up. Do i still get ten points even though I have three little girls? Also, I feel SO special that there was a special message just for me inside your previous post! I am so loved. We can't cancel said Disneyland trip because it is already booked and paid for. However, I am currently working on talking my hubby into not being angry if I leave for the beach trip...pray for me! Cause I want to be there so badly!