Thursday, January 28, 2010

je deteste . . .

*solicitors.

*talking on the phone. i've never been a phone talker. and it doesn't help that i have to answer the phone all day at work. by the time i get home the last thing in the world i want is to have a phone attached to my ear with someone yammering on on the other end. if we need to communicate information, that's fine, call me, spit it out, and let me go. we can have our long drawn out conversations face to face. there are, of course, exceptions. like, if you live far away and we don't get to see each other much. and maybe one or two others, but for the most part . . . really, i hate talking on the phone.

*compulsive huggers. i just don't see the need to hug every time you see someone. of course there are the appropriate hugs in sorrow or celebration or after an extended absence. (note: one week is not an extended absence) but other than that i'm just not a gratuitously affectionate person. but that's just the thing. affection is meant to signify intimacy or partiality or some level of closeness. and i save my affection for those who have earned it. the list is relatively short. if i've never initiated a hug (or such) with you, you're probably not on the list. and if you continue to demand hugs from me, you're never going to make it on the list. it just makes me more and more loath to meet with you.

*when people say "anyways." there is no "s" on the end. and you sound like an idiot.

* when people use "nothing" instead of "anything." eg: "i didn't do nothing." you also sound like an idiot. and if you can't figure out why that's wrong, go back to elementary school.

* people who smoke and chronically complain about health problems. you're poisoning yourself everyday. poison! everyday! of course you have problems. i don't feel sorry for you, and i'm sick of listening to you.

* passive-aggressive people. the thing is, we all get mad. and i can deal with you being mad at me. but just tell me, and we'll deal with it, and we can move on. you being mad but pretending you're not isn't helping anything.

2 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

These were my thoughts while reading this...

yes, yes, SAMANTHA, yes, yes, yes...

then I immediately read this to Heidi and we had a moment.

lgashton said...

I will always hug you. However, I guess I will always go more than a week without seeing you. AND I love you.