1. went to the gym 3 times this week. amazing what an accountability partner will do for you.
2. finally went and got fingerprinted so i can start my volunteer hours. well . . . provided i pass the background check.
4. the olympics have started! but can i say how tacky it is that they keep a running medal count per country. i don't like that bit. to me the olympics are more about celebrating individual achievement. and can i also say how tasteful the opening ceremony was . . . i mean, yes, the chinese opening ceremony was impressive, but when you think about how much money they spent on it and then consider the fact that part of their population basically lives in third world conditions, it's disgusting.
5. sang in church today. no one threw tomatoes so i'm guessing it sounded good.
6. there are these two girls in my ward who are so wretched and cantankerous and no matter how much i try i will never ever be able to like them. this week i found out that last sunday they were listening in on a conversation i was having with another person and apparently they found our subject matter outrageously offensive and they were angered. i must say, i am excessively pleased with myself. i didn't even have to try. (p.s. the offensive subject matter: i was talking about how i wanted to go to catholic mass the next time my boss did the cantoring. egregious offense. i might be excommunicated.)
7. valentines day. the actual holiday. i spent many a year hating it because i've never had a valentine. but i've turned over a new leaf. i'm embracing it. this year i decided to enjoy the celebration of love and i gave valentines to people i love and it was lovely.
9. q-tips. i cannot imagine living in a world where there were no q-tips. i might die.
10. i came home from church and found this:
i shall explain. john cena is a professional wrestler. and sometimes he thinks he is a movie star. like the one time he was in a movie called the marine. and it was on tv one night and we (mike, neal, logan and i) watched it. it is so ridiculously bad that it is funny. we were in hysterics. the hilarity was further intensified as neal has since seen john cena in person twice. once at the airport and once at the gym in utah (?). apparently his gigantic.
logan didn't want me to feel left out on this day of love, so he saw to it that i received some love from the marine. i laughed so hard. such a good brother-in-law. that heidi sure does know how to pick 'em.