Thursday, September 30, 2010

on my mind . . .

today i arrived at the post office at 8:30 a.m.
the post office doesn't open until 9:00 a.m., which was okay
i was just there to use the little automated number in the lobby.
as i was going about my business i kept hearing a pounding.
over.
and over.
and over.
when i was done with my business i peeked around the corner
and saw a guy standing at the pick-up window
(the one that doesn't open until 9:00 a.m.)
he kept pounding on the door, trying to get someone to come answer it.
apparently he's the exception to the opening time of the entire united states postal system.
if i'd known i was going to be in the presence of such an important person today
i would have dressed up a little!

*i hope they didn't answer that door.
stupid git


my body is having a tired week
for no reason
i'm getting plenty of sleep and i'm not overexerting myself
it just is
and it's annoying


the temperature went back up into the triple digits three days this week
mother nature is fired
it's the last week of september for pity's sake!
i want 70's and i want them now


it's happening again
i have the strong desire to cut my hair
maybe i should just do it and get it out of my system
thoughts?


i'm headed to seattle next weekend
i've never been
the promise of the need for a coat has me delirious
it's supposed to rain, people, rain!
have you ever heard of anything more wonderful?
(what can i say, this heat is making me cranky!)


yesterday the police were out with their little radar guns
sitting in their secret spots
trying to catch people speeding
this enrages me so much i want to swerve and hit them
on purpose
i shall explain
if the police had other things under control
drugs
car theft
burglary
assault
gangs
rape
then i wouldn't mind it so much
but they don't
two weeks ago someone burglarized our neighbors garage
the next night someone tried to break into my dads car
a year and a half ago our truck got stolen
and then broken into two more times all in one month
so, as long as i'm dealing with these shenanigans
don't want to see their sorry butt parked on the side of the road
do something useful
(i say this as a person who hasn't had a speeding ticket in over ten years)

3 comments:

AngelaBeth said...

I reject your hair cutting idea. I wholeheartedly agree that fall needs to get here temperature-wise. I need to open all my windows and bake pumpkin bread!

SunshineGrrl said...

If you feel the need to cut your hair, cut it. Just don't cut it too much, you know you'll regret it.

I hate to break it to you, but it always rains in Seattle. Always. I can understand your excitement for rain after the heatwave you've been experiencing, though. We've been having it, too, though to a lesser extent. Enjoy it. Seattle is a beautiful city and I love it. Despite the rain and what it does to my hair. Break out the galoshes (I know you've got some cute ones in your ownership) and a rain coat and have some fun!

Heidi said...

I also say "Nay" to your cutting your hair. Long hair is hot!!! I've been trying to grow my hair out for forever and it is just taking way too long. WTF?!?!?! Also, I love that you fired Mother Nature. Are you taking applications for her replacement yet? PS- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rain. And it's been raining like CRAZY here in St. George! You would absolutely love it here right now. And lastly, I love your take on cops sitting on the side of the road waiting to catch speeders. I had never thought if it that way, but I completely agree!!!