Sunday, March 20, 2011

things that made me happy this week . . .

- rain! buckets and buckets of rain. i don't think it stopped raining for even a minute on sunday. that doesn't happen to us very often. i loved it.
- a friend and i are doing a quarterly gift exchange. i received my first package this week. i was as cantankerous a person as you could imagine when i arrived home from work to find my little box of delight. it completely turned my day around. thanks natalie!!
- i went and saw i am number four friday night. i don't quite know what to say about it. it did not live up to my expectations or the hype, but we all laughed so hard through most of it that i thoroughly enjoyed myself. the background music and over-stylization pushed it into the ridiculous category.
- i slept till 11:30 on saturday. 11:30! glorious.
- my boss was out of town all week. it's amazing how much more you get done when you're boss is gone.
- after running an errand or two early saturday afternoon i made camp in my bed and read for about eight hours. eight hours!! is there a more perfect way to spend a saturday afternoon/night? i submit there is not.
- with my saturday retreat to reading and a few more hours on sunday i read an entire book, cover to cover, this weekend. which puts me on track with my reading resolution for the year. (ahead if you count the books i gave up on)

1 comments:

Natalie said...

and i got my package from you today - SO AWESOME! you are the best swap partner ever. so glad we were brilliant enough to come up with this idea. your saturday afternoon/evening sounds like heaven on earth. hurrah for getting ahead on that reading goal!